We support skydiving
Ever since I started skydiving, I’ve had in my mind that we need more people skydiving. Before the Colorful Jerseys Foundation idea, I was working very hard on my Instagram to increase visibility in our skydiving community, mixing up my photos with other skydivers’ photos. The result was great, I spread the sport to people that had never thought about it before or had forgotten the idea of skydiving. I helped put some people in the sky, and I receive tons of feedback each month about how my profile inspired people’s first steps into skydiving by making a tandem jump or the accelerated free fall (AFF) skydiving course. However, my dream is getting bigger.
Nowadays I want more than that. I don’t just want to inform people about skydiving; I want to give back to the skydiving community and find other people to do the same. My idea is that if we can give something priceless to someone (the ability to become a skydiver), this person will always remember how he/she got there. They will return the favor to other skydivers, and the community will become much stronger. I know this is a big dream, but if we all do our part, this dream can quickly become a reality.
“The importance of giving to others can’t be understated, and that’s because the secret to living is giving. If you really think about it, what is life all about? Creating meaning. How do you create meaning in your life? It’s not about what you do for yourself: It’s about how you’re able to better the lives of the people around you – your loved ones, the people in your community, or the lives of people somewhere else in the world”. Tony Robins
Our mission is to spread the skydiving love around to more people. Giving support to people who dream of becoming a skydiver has the power to show them how amazing the skydiving community is–transforming that person an advocate for the sport and community for life.
Our goal is to fill these spots with motivated people who are serious about this dream, already have a connection with the skydiving community, but are not yet skydivers themselves. This opportunity is open to anyone who believes that they can make a difference in the skydiving community, especially for skydivers newer than them. The desire to give back, the dream to become a skydiver and what have you done so for to get there are the key factors in our decision.
Explaining what you’re doing to become a skydiver and why you want it so badly is a great way to start the application questionnaire.
How does it work?
The Colorful Jerseys Foundation staff will select a maximum of five people (2019) to support in their quest to become a skydiver (AFF Course).
To be selected, the applicant needs to fill out a questionnaire about themselves.
- The application deadline is June 30th, 2019.
- Selection deadline is July 31st, 2019.
- The people selected must finish their AFF courses between August to December 2019.
- The maximum amount donated by The Colorful Foundation is US$ 850.
The questionnaire is a guide that is here to help you create your application letter. There is no need to answer all the questions or follow its order. What we expect is a story that we can understand and a real introduction to you.
- Full name.
- Where do you live?
- What do you do (job)?
- When was your first experience of skydiving?
- When was your first contact with a drop zone? Why did you get there?
- How far from a drop zone are you? (miles or km) Do you have any issues getting there?
- In your words, why do you deserve support to become a skydiver?
- Briefly explain what skydiving means to you and why the opportunity to become a skydiver is important in your life.
- How do you plan to help the skydiving community grow stronger in the future?
- List two or more skydivers who can give you good recommendations.
Send the application
It’s easy to get in touch with me. I have Instagram (@augustobartelle) and Facebook. Please send me a message if you have any questions about the Colorful Jerseys Foundation and the application process.
When you have no more questions about the application, create your text and send an e-mail with the application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All the application letters must be in English to be considered. Even though the Colorful Jerseys Foundation aims to help people from any part of the world, we set English as the official communication language.
* The Colorful Jerseys Foundation has a connection to the Colorful Jerseys clothing brand, but it is not directly dependent upon the company. We also want to thank our sponsors for helping my dreams become reality.
Keep coming back
It’s much easier when we help each other. If you like this post, please leave a comment and share it.
If you want to be a contributor and share your knowledge and experience, please click here.
Follow on Instagram: @augustobartelle
Like the Fan Page on Facebook!